Dave’s Video Stabiliser (DVS) allows you to create time-lapse animations from a series of still frames such as solar prominence eruptions, Jupiter rotations or comet movement. It removes any frame-to-frame jitter so that your animations are rock steady. It can also be used to add text or graphic overlays to single images or image sequences.
The current features include
- Single application covers Windows XP, Vista, 7 (both 32 and 64 bit versions)
- Import PNG, TIFF, BMP, JPG, GIF
- Imported frames can be different sizes
- Optional manual alignment of any frame
- Crop to region of interest
- Export as AVI video with adjustable framerate
- Export to image sequence (PNG)
- Pixel or sub-pixel alignment
- Text overlays with selectable font, size and color
- Graphic overlays (including images with transparent alpha channel)
- All overlays can have adjustable mark-in and mark-out points to control their visibility
- Support for multi-core processors
- NEW! Add timestamps to each frame (UT or local time)
- NEW!! Astrometry module – see here.